Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Clothes for your type of body

None of us are built with the same body style. Some of us have pear or an apple shape. Some of us may have a longer torso or legs. We may be heavier set or no curves at all. That’s why it is hard to find clothes that fit your shape and size because not all clothes are made for us. A few tips I keep in mind while shopping is find jeans that fit the biggest part of my body, which is my rear. The length of the jeans is also important because I don’t want to look like I’m getting ready for the flood. A.k.a., high-water jeans. Girls with bigger hips should go for a slight to a full flare of the pant leg to even out the look of your body. Skinny jeans on a bigger hipped girl just makes you look like an ice-cream cone. On the other hand skinny jeans or jeggings look pretty good on a less curvy girl because the pants do show off what curves you may have. Jeggings are leggings which are styled to look like tight denim jeans. Here is a picture or a pair of jeggings to help better explain: http://www.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=477773&cm_mmc=Google_Feed-_-4-_-46-_-%7Bkeyword%7D&kw=%7Bkeyword%7D.


For tops I usually look for ones that tend to be longer and bigger around the bust. Like I mentioned earlier a tighter (but not too tight) shirt would be better for those girls without curves. However girls who are blessed with a plus size figure probably want something that is loose around the mid section and arms. I know it is very hard to find clothes for a plus size figure as many of my friends and family are plus size. I mention this because shopping with them has given me knowledge I can pass to you. Here is a website I found with helpful information for bigger bust girls and women: http://www.bigbustsupport.com/. It talks about how to get support for your bust and also how to find a flattering shirt. If you scroll down it also mentions breast feeding information so pay no attention to that if in some way it offends you.

Not only is the shape of the clothing important but so is the color. Because I’m more fair skinned I try not to wear yellow because it washes me out. I tried to insert a few pictures I found of some women wearing colors that flatter their skin tone but I'm still figuring out how to work this site so I added to links at the bottom of the page. Sorry about that! But I will figure out how to insert them. In the meantime, on the link to the last picture it also tells how to pick flattering colors for your skin tone.



References:

• Picture 1 and 2: BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATION:

2010 prom dresses-cheap prom dresses-china prom dresses. (2009, November Friday the 13th). Retrieved from http://www.chinapromdress.com/?p=14. [NOTE: Italicize "2010 prom dresses-cheap prom dresses-china prom dresses"]PARENTHETICAL CITATION: ("2010 prom dresses-cheap," 2009)

• Picture 3: BIBLIOGRAPHIC CITATION: Jae, Initials. (2008, January 9). How to Choose colors that flatter your skin tone. Retrieved from http://www.kinowear.com/blog/how-to-choose-colors-that-flatter-your-skin-tone/ [NOTE: Italicize "How to Choose colors that flatter your skin tone"]PARENTHETICAL CITATION: (Jae, 2008)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the fashion tips!Even though im a guy I can pay attention to what people should and shouldn't wear, or if I need to I can help a girl with some kind of fashion tip when I take her to get something. If I could recomend any information that would be helpful, I would add in a few tips for the guys. We could use the help. Other than that great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the fact that you included all shapes of girls and not just the "popular" and "prefered" sizes. I dont understand how the first picture fits in the blog so be carefull not to get carried away with cute dresses. This was a good post. Can't wait to read the next one and see what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post. It was honestly a lot more interesting than I thought it would be. My only advice would have to be make sure everything is associated with the blog, and if it's not really associated with the blog, try to tie it in. But other than that, I'm looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really interested in your blog, mainly because it's hard for me to find clothes, being as tiny as i am. some of the links were a bit hard to get to, but other than that, it was fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete